Here is a new single to the upcoming Blurred Lines album by Mr. Robin Thicke. Give It 2 U brings a verse from the recent recipient of the BET Awards for best new artist and best male hip hop artist, Kendrick Lamar. Seems to me that the track makes for an interesting new take on how the soulful Robin can mesh well with the street savvy Kendrick. I’m hoping the rest of the album proves to be as interesting as the singles that have been released so far. If they are then you know you will hear something about it from us at 3GW.
Here’s some semi-new music from Mr. Robin Thicke. This post may be a bit late as far as introducing some of his new material, but I say better late than never. I saw a glimpse of this video on a TV commercial not too long ago. Low and behold after doing an internet search I found that it was an actual video that had been made by Robin, and it had the added bonus of production from Pharrell and a verse from T.I.
Now I must say I thought the commercial was pushing the limits a bit by using very skimpy outfits on the women featured with the singer. But what I didn’t know is that the actual original video was pulled from YouTube due to its use of nude models. (Damn you YouTube!) Now since we are 90% wholesome here at 3GW, I will not post the nakedness featured in the original video. But, the other 10% will allow me to give you glimpse into what are some of the things featured in the video that possibly made it so taboo.
Make of that what you will, but the song is upbeat and talks about basically setting the woman free from being a good girl. Kind of reminds me of a Prince song in some ways, but maybe that’s just me. Blurred Linesis set to be on the upcoming 2013 album by Thicke, and if the rest of the album is like this then I see great things from it. Enjoy.